Mentor for all Initiative is a project where individuals, who believe in empowerment Mentor young kids in underserved communities in Africa through virtual platforms, without having to leave their location.
Queentrepreneur Women Foundation will provide the platform, we will organize virtual training, excursions, and book clubs, etc. This is a way to broaden the minds of young kids, build their confidence, train them in decision making, allowing them to express creativity and innovations, and allowing them to explore more of their inner abilities and the importance of education and school.
The COVID-19 pandemic is revolutionizing digital and online education globally but kids in rural and underserved communities in Africa, are being left behind as they are not equipped to adapt or transition to the new methods of learning. The Mentor for All Initiative will not only bridge this gap but also inspire these young individuals to aspire to be better.
BENEFITS FOR MENTORS
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop leadership and management qualities.
- Reinforce your own study skills and knowledge of your subject(s).
- Increase your confidence and motivation.
- Engage in a volunteering valued by employers.
- Enhance your CV.
- Gain recognition for your skills and experience.
- Benefit from a sense of fulfillment and personal growth…
BENEFITS FOR MENTEES
- Gain practical advice; encouragement and support.
- Learn from the experiences of others.
- Increase their social and academic confidence.
- Become more empowered to make decisions.
- Develop their communication; study and personal skills.
- Develop strategies for dealing with both personal and academic issues.
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction.
- Gain valuable insight into the next stage of their careers.
- Make new friends across the world.
PROJECT ADAPTATION: ACTIVE LEARNING
- Problem-solving: Involve the children in problem-solving activities.
- Activities and Collaboration: Use materials and allow collaboration.
- Improve Cognitive Skills: Develop powerful questioning and listening skills.
- Relationship Development: Build personal relationships with the kids.
- Creative Thinking: Introduce creative ways to pass a message across.
Meet our pioneer mentors:
- Joanna Staniszewska – Gdansk, Poland
- Andrew Bumba – Abuja, Nigeria
- Daisy Matsika – Canberra, Australia
- Annette Reid – New York, U.S.A
- Kira Walker – New Jersey, U.S.A
- Omone Tessy Okolo – Abuja, Nigeria
- Nika Dulevich – Belgium
What we look for in our mentors
- Willingness to empower young girls virtually, with high moral conduct, and enthusiasm to give value.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about empowering, mentoring, and training young girls within the ages of 9-15years in rural and underserved communities in Africa, starting with Nigeria.
- The only commitment we need from you is your time, your ability to mentor and help us find or encourage other women to join the initiative.
PARTNERS & SPONSORS
We are very excited about partnering with you to impact the lives of the children under the initiative. Please send us an email to get this conversation started email@example.com.